Tuesday, May 25, 2010

That darn crab grass!


Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the constant weeding that needs to happen when you have a garden. I am pretty meticulous in my housework and at my job and weeding is no exception. If I even walk out into the garden to throw away the compost I know that I can get sucked into an hour of weeding. We have two garden plots. We call them the "upper" and "lower" gardens. The upper garden was created from a space that used to be ground cover (vinca I thinka) and the lower garden was carved right out of the grass in the front yard. My frustration lies in the amount of crab grass that invades my lower garden. The space that I had carved out for one tomato plant and one pepper is completely covered in crab grass. What to do? Maybe I should just find another space for them and cover that patch with newspaper or cardboard. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when there is a hitch in my plans. That's the thing about gardening, nothing ever goes exactly as planned. It keeps you on your toes!


















3 comments:

  1. Can I come lay in your hammock? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got caught up on all your posts; I love the writing and photography (and of course, subject matter.) Your beautiful watercolors of your garden plans... the bright food from parties... your keen observing of changing seasons... you lead a charmed and lovely life, my friend. Thank you for sharing it on this blog.

    ReplyDelete