Monday, May 3, 2010

rootin' tootin' dandy days!


Goodness, the last two weeks have been off the charts! It all started two Fridays ago with Red Lefty’s final show, which has been my husband’s band for last 5 years. It’s a sad ordeal but the farewell was sweet. Lots of dancing in a hot and sweaty bar to the hoppin’ tunes of my favorite band.


On Sunday we drove out to nowhere land with our expert fisherman friend, Justin, to catch a few white bass. It was a windy, cloudy day but the fishing was great. I brought a very “Lowen” picnic that was probably much too fancy for the occasion but what the heck? I enjoyed it. Everyone caught some fish except for me but I had a really great time. I’m thinking that now that we have our fishing licenses we will be going out with our fishing poles quite often.


On Monday (my day off) I drove outside of town about 20 minutes to Henry’s Plant Farm. My friends, Jozie and Brian, from Earth Flowers, work out there and they were kind enough to help me pick out plants for our new perennial flower bed. It’s not quite finished so I’ll post more about that later.



This photo was taken by my awesome photographer friend, Brian Goodman.



Chris with his little fish.

Justin with his BIG fish. What a pro!


Brian and Jenna go fishin'.




1 comment:

  1. mmm...that salami was delicious. you look so cute in your puffy coat. :) i think i would have titled this "kickin' bass!" xoxo

    ReplyDelete