Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Awakenings


It’s been an interesting spring as far as the weather is concerned. It’s May and we have still been turning on the heat every now and then to take the chill out of the air inside. The garden is slowly taking shape. The arugula is harvest worthy, the potatoes and peas are on their way and the carrots, zinnias, poppies and cosmos that I planted from seed are about an inch tall. I haven’t even put my tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers or okra in the ground yet. It’s been going down into the 40s at night. Hopefully that means it will be a mild summer. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.




That is a volunteer comfrey plant. It's used in herbal medicine for healing broken bones.


Arugula and lettuce on the left. Potatoes on the right.


Our gorgeous kitty, Bella, basking in the sun.


Clematis.


Echinacea.


Columbine.


Rose.


Fuschia.

No comments:

Post a Comment