Monday, July 26, 2010

Old news.


In April, I wrote an article for the Merc News about being a novice gardener and was also featured on a banner at the front of the store. It was so much fun to have strangers come up to me and want to chat about gardening. I also just found all of these pictures documenting the process of creating our perennial flower garden. As you can see, Chris worked really hard on carving out a space and chiseling pieces of rock to make the border. My job was planting and mulching. We both absolutely love this garden and can't wait to watch it fill in over the years.







Jozie and Brian from Earth Flowers helped me decide what to plant and where to plant it.


Step 1: carve out the sod.




Step 2: dig out random bricks that were left over from an old planter.


Step 3: line border with rocks


Step 4: put plants in the ground.


Step 5: mulch.


Step 6: enjoy the beautiful flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment