Sunday, March 20, 2011

And so it begins...


Well, I think it's safe to say that Spring is finally here. I know because the grackles have arrived. They are so obnoxious and they bully all of my other sweet little birds. Last year I actually had to take down the bird feeder because they were hogging all of the bird seed. I think they will be here for a month or so and then fly on their way. But they always come back through in the Fall.

Chris and I are busily getting the garden prepared for planting. Chris is outside right now building me some fancy raised beds for the lower garden. I'm so excited! I'm feeling like this is going to be a great gardening year!


Everything is beginning to bud.


My lemon balm peeking through.


We are tearing down the old reed fence and replacing it with fancy new wood fencing.




It's so nice that we have a truck now so we have no problem hauling loads of compost, mulch and soil.


Upper garden layered with compost. Now we just need to till it under.

No comments:

Post a Comment