Monday, April 11, 2011

Shoveling


This week was a doozie. Wednesday night I unloaded a truck full of (really heavy) soil into the wheel barrow, up the hill and into the raised beds. Chris hurt his back so I was on my own and I have to say, I'm pretty proud of my hard work. Thursday night was another night of unloading but this time something a little lighter. Mulch.


I had to get a running start to get it over the stairs and up the hill.




Ahhh. Only 3 more to go...


We went with straw paths this year instead of mulch and I'm not so sure that I like it. I suppose it will look better when everything is green and lush.


Unloading gig #2.


Taters all nestled down in their trenches. They get covered up a little and then as they grow you mound the dirt on top.


Radishes!


The peonies are shooting up fast!


1 comment:

  1. Straw does look better with the green of plants. Don't worry.

    ReplyDelete