Monday, August 16, 2010

My fellow junk collector


My old landlord, Mark Larson, died unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago. Chris and I lived above him for 3 1/2 years in his house that was built in 1870. Mark was a pack rat and a dumpster diver and did not want anything to go into the trash that could be reused or recycled. I've been over at the house helping his friends clean everything out and getting it ready for a yard sale. It was astonishing how much stuff was packed into every corner of every room and every inch of the garage and backyard. It was really interesting to watch this man's obsessive collection be picked through and taken apart.

Mark was a good man and was very involved in the community. He would randomly stop by our new house to have a chat and bring newspaper clippings of things he thought we would find interesting. I'm sad he's gone.


These are the items that I bought at the yard sale. All proceeds are going to the KAW Council which Mark was very involved with.












Chris and I were really excited to find these signs because of the fishing theme and they are just cool. When we asked how much they cost we were told that they were from the bait shop that was in a building where one of the old locations of The Merc used to be! That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm thrilled to have them.


Just thought I'd leave you with some sweet pictures of my beautiful kitty, Bella.


No comments:

Post a Comment