Monday, June 14, 2010

Sweet Caroline. Duh duh duh.


This is the third year that The Merc has sent me to the Medicines From The Earth conference in Black Mountain, North Carolina. I'm so lucky. It's a 3 day series of lectures given by a selection of the top herbalists and Naturopathic doctors in the country. It's held at Blue Ridge Assembly, which is a 100 year old YMCA camp nestled in the mountains. There are hiking trails and creeks and an incredible view of the mountains from the rocking chairs on the porch of the main lodge. This year I took Chris with me and he played in Asheville while I attended the lectures. I'm really glad that he got to see this wonderful place and experience the positive vibes of everyone attending. This conference is so inspiring and always leaves me feeling refreshed and excited to come back and share what I learned with my coworkers and customers.



The main lodge, Lee Hall.


There are literally over 100 green rocking chairs on the porch.



A wild mushroom of sorts.


A rhododendron cave. There might be moonshiners back there!








We went to the top of Chimney Rock for a stunning view of the valley.




My first beaver sighting in my life!

1 comment: