Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Garden mania


We need a pickup truck. They make life easier, especially in the spring when we could use it to haul compost, mulch and a garden tiller. So the beginning part of the garden prep process always presents us with a dilemma. We still haven’t tilled our garden space and my hope is that this will be happening tomorrow. I plan to have all of my cool weather crops planted by Friday. Yesterday I went to Sunrise Garden Center to look around and get inspired. I love the way that I feel when I’m there. My senses are excited by the smells of spring, the little seedlings popping up in their trays, the possibility of a purchase around every corner. The last frost date is set for May 1st so I didn’t buy anything but my money was definitely burning a hole in my pocket. I can wait a few more weeks right?




This is everything that I will start from seed.

Not a whole lot going on in the garden.




Our mountain of black gold that Michael Crouch so kindly brought to us.




Our beautiful tulip magnolia in full bloom.

4 comments:

  1. I finally got you into my reader. Hoorah! I'm so excited to watch your garden grow from afar and I'll see you in a few short weeks! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! That Magnolia is beautiful I am jealous: i have decided to boycott real gardening until i have a yard with sunlight again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lowen ~ I look forward to reading about your beautiful garden this year. I enjoyed your article in the Merc News this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Magnolia tree is gorgeous--I hear you about the truck. I always need one for something. But, I did get 4 chairs and a kitchen table in my camry once!

    ReplyDelete