Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fall Into Winter


These photos are from a number of weeks ago and I just realized that I never shared them with you. It blows my mind that you can see that far from our rooftop. Too bad we don't have a 3 or 4 story house. That would be cool. The fall colors are my personal favorite palette and I find myself wearing these colors all of time--particularly the mustardy yellow, mmmm! A few weekends ago I ripped everything out of the garden and put a layer of fallen leaves and a layer of compost. It will be perfect in the spring. We will just turn it under with a shovel and voila! Perfect soil to plant in. The picture below is of me beginning the tearing out process. I'm not gonna lie, it's always nice to have a number of months off from the garden in the winter. We've been having fires in the fireplace almost every night. I love it!






No comments:

Post a Comment