Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Southern (Fried) Foodie Club Night


August's Foodie Club was at Leah's house and she chose Southern Food as the subject matter. I made crazy good fried okra (from my garden) with Depal's homemade buttermilk ranch for an appetizer. The main course was awesome fried chicken, bacon mashed potatoes, a delicious collard greens and pulled pork dish and freshly made biscuits. It was all topped off by Sean's gallon of Sangria. Not Southern really, but the best I've ever had. The dessert was Leah's own Mystery Pecan Pie (cream cheese was the mystery culprit). We were all a bit comatose after dinner, as I'm sure you can imagine. It was probably the most mellow I've ever seen our group. Needless to say, next month is Vegan!!!















After dinner nappy time.






No comments:

Post a Comment