Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Late Summer Bounty


Well, it appears that Fall has finally arrived. I'm loving it. Hanging out by the fire pit in the backyard, having dinner parties outside, camping. Yes. These are the reasons I can't get enough of this season. We have been so busy! For me, summer is the perfect length. Right when I'm getting sick of watering and being out in the hot, hot summer air, it turns cool and you can begin to relax. It's kind of interesting. Perfect timing I'd say. I can't possibly even think about making one more batch of pesto or canning one more round of okra. No way. I'm done. I'm lucky I even got my fall crops in the ground. Thank you Kansas for giving me four seasons!

So we went to our annual bluegrass festival extravaganza last weekend. It was our tenth year! Holy moly! The pics below are what I came back to. A beautiful, bountiful end-of-summer harvest. Thanks Homer for taking care of our garden!







All of the okra in the white bowl went into the compost. It was too big and woody to eat. I forgot to ask Homie to harvest these. It's cool, they just keep on producing.






Fall radish crop!


No comments:

Post a Comment