Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Final Preparations.


Two days left until 100 or more people parade through our yard on the Lawrence Food Garden Tour. I'm really excited and nervous of course. We've worked really hard on planting and weeding and making sure everything looks spiffy. The rest has been left up to Mother Nature. Since this is our first year to be on the tour it's hard to know how the morning will go. I'm still thinking about making a little map of the garden so people know exactly what I've planted. I think there will be a lot of "why did you do it this way?" or "why did you plant that there?". It will be fun to have conversations with people and find out how they do it in their gardens. I still have so much to learn.


I love the way that Cleome's bloom. So special.












These little baby finches hatched at the end of May. They look like little furry bugs. They don't even have eyes yet!


This is 1 week later! They've grown so much that they barely fit in the nest!

No comments:

Post a Comment