Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Buon appetito!


My best friend, Josh, taught me how to make pizza dough in my food processor and it's SOOO easy! I've been experimenting with different toppings. Here's the recipe for the pizza dough. Hope you have fun trying it out!

Super Easy Pizza Dough

3/4 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 packet dry yeast

Combine these ingredients and set aside for 10 minutes.

Place 2 cups flour in the food processor and combine with 1 tsp salt.

Next, pour the yeast mixture into the food processor and whirl to combine with the flour mixture.

Then slowly drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil and whirl for 1 minute.

You should have a warm ball of dough ready to be topped!

Tip: After you roll it out make sure to put flour or cornmeal on the cookie sheet or pizza stone so that it doesn't stick.


These are Nameko mushrooms that were grown locally at Wakarusa Valley Farm.


This is what the dough looks like after you mix in the water/yeast mixture.


And this is after 1 minute of whirling with the olive oil. A warm gooey ball of dough!


I don't have a rolling pin so I just stretched it out.




This pizza had mushrooms, garlic, white onion, walnuts, gorgonzola and olive oil.




This one had pesto, bacon, white onion and sun dried tomato. Mmmmm!!!


Have fun with your toppings!


I also recreated a delicious steak rub that I bought last year and ran out of. I thought it looked really pretty and just had to take a picture. That's salt, pepper, rosemary, onion, paprika, thyme, red chili flakes and fennel.

No comments:

Post a Comment