Monday, January 31, 2011

Visions of veggies dance in my head


It's the dead of winter and it's time to melt the snow with thoughts of delicious heirloom vegetables and herbs growing in my garden. It's a known fact that in January people start getting amped up about Spring (and sick of Winter) and they start planning their gardens. I'm doing exactly that. The new Seed Savers Exchange catalog is gorgeous and has my gears turnin'. This year I'm going to start plants indoors in the basement under a grow light. This will allow me to grow some things that I haven't been able to in the past--broccoli, kale, leek, etc. Speaking of the basement, you can check out what Chris has been up to this winter here. It's nice to have Spring as a deadline for projects.




Look at those unusual carrots! Perfect for rocky soil.




No comments:

Post a Comment