Sunday, December 5, 2010

Foodie Club!


Five of my friends and I started a "foodie club" because we LOVE GOOD FOOD! We're planning on getting together once a month, at a designated person's house, for a dinner party. That person prepares the main dinner and everyone else is assigned another part of the dinner, whether it be hors d'oeuvres, drinks or dessert. I held the first dinner party. I gave Josh the assignment of buying a bottle of Domaine de Canton Ginger Liquer and coming up with fun pre-dinner drinks. He made an incredible assortment of drinks with vanilla vodka, grapefruit sparkling water, pears and mango lemonade. For the first course, I made Pecan Crusted Scallops with a Chimichurri sauce, which was quite delicious. For the main course I made Mussels in a White Wine Pesto Sauce, Garlic French Fries and Sauteed Spinach with Basil Leaves. I made this meal a few months ago for some friends and it was so fabulous that I had to make it again. Louis (of Blackbird Bakery) brought a tasty Lemon Custard Tart for dessert. It was one fantastic evening! I'm really looking forward to the next one on Thursday and I hope that we continue to have these dinner parties!











1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous food! When I'm back in Kansas, I'm going to invite myself to one of these... I love love love your photos. They always make me want to cook (and eat)!

    ReplyDelete