Sunday, March 24, 2013

Beef Jerky and Crystals


I know it's an odd combo, but this is what's happening in my life right now - beef jerky and crystals. We were given a food dehydrator by our awesome bro-in-law, so we immediately got to work. We made 3.5 pounds of the good stuff and guess how much is left? That's right. We devoured it all. And shared a bit too. I intend on making more very soon. Might need to hide it in a secret place though.

Each spring and fall is the KC Gem and Mineral Show. Us gals at The Merc get to go and buy stuff for the store. I know what you're thinking. You sell crystals at a grocery store? Well, yea. Why not pick up some smoky quartz to go with your sweet taters. Who wouldn't want that? It's a really fun work day and I definitely pick up a few things for myself too. 

Well, spring is supposedly here. It was 85 degrees last week, yet we woke up to another 7 inches of snow this morning. Kansas weather is freaky. I don't mind though. If you can't change it, why not just enjoy it? Although, I am looking forward to get my hands in the dirt. 









Our teaser day in the garden last week.














2 comments:

  1. love the pics lowen, and i think that combo or jerky and crystals works just fine. i will be expecting to taste some of that jerky on our next camping trip, which i hope is soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete