Friday, October 12, 2012

~~~Don't sweat it~~~

So, my best friend is moving away. Bummer. We're like bread and butter, we are. Josh built a sweat lodge in his back yard about 3 years ago and we've been sweatin' ever since (only during fall and winter though). Since he's gonna be movin' on, we decided to move the ~sweat~ to my house. We have an entire side of the house that backs up to the woods that we haven't really utilized. Chris piles his reclaimed lumber collection over there and it's kind of a mess. Building the sweat lodge there has encouraged us to clean up the area. Chris is going to built a structure to organize all of his wood and I think we can really make something of this space. It is so easy to access from our front deck, it's perfect for this. 

Wikipedia says: "The sweat lodge (also called purification ceremony, sweat house, medicine lodge, medicine house, or simply sweat) is a ceremonial sauna and is an important event in some North American First Nations or Native American cultures." 

As we were creating the hut, a hawk swooped right over Josh's head and landed above us on a tree branch. He shook his tail feathers at us. It was a sign.

I feel as though Josh gifted this to me and I'm honored. It is a cleansing and healing practice that I intend on keeping sacred and special. 

Thank you
 **{{JOSH}}**
XOXOXO


















Don't worry, you don't wear jeans and long sleeves in there. ;)

1 comment:

  1. OH! I wanna build a sweatlodge! How awesome. But sorry about your friend moving away. :(

    ReplyDelete