Sunday, July 8, 2012

~~~Heat Wave~~~


The heat is on, my friends. We're like crispy fried chickens over here in Kansas. It's been close to or over 100 degrees for weeks now. I'm still watering the garden daily in hopes that everything doesn't just evaporate into nothing. I'm fearful of the water bill. I'm getting quite a bit from the garden -- gorgeous onions, potatoes, basil, and brussels sprouts. So, the dedication to watering is paying off. But some rain sure would be nice...














This is our new, smaller compost bin. We moved it because it was right by the new patio. Now it's on the other side of the house out of sight. 


This is where the compost was. I realized I have dozens of pictures of Chris in this position. Always digging, building, etc. 







Have to throw in a picture of my cutie kitty. Notice the replica of her on the windowsill. My sister gave it to us for Christmas. It even has a short ear and two different colored eyes, just like Bella. 


A new summer cocktail: freshly juiced Crenshaw melon and cucumber, 
lime juice, seltzer water and gin. YUM.


No comments:

Post a Comment