Monday, November 1, 2010

There's a chill in the air.


Happy autumn! As the days get shorter and colder it seems as though my to-do list gets longer. There is a lot of yard work to do to wrap up the season. The biggest project of all is the new fence around the garden that Chris is building for me. While he worked on that this weekend I cleaned out the pond and put a net over it to keep the leaves out. The pond is so clear. I bet our 5 fish and 1 frog are very happy. I also cut down the okra, raked some leaves, and cut back some perennials. Oh yeah, and we had a few fires in the fireplace. Ooh winter, how I look forward to you but please wait until I check everything off of my to-do list.


I found this little guy while I was raking.




We had to rent an auger from the hardware store to dig the post holes.



Here's a glimpse of what the finished fence will look like. I'm excited!


Bailing water out of the stinky pond.


Clean pond, happy fish, net in place!


I just had to show you this plant. I bought a few sprigs of it at the farmer's market. I think it's fascinating! It's a kind of milkweed.


No comments:

Post a Comment